Friday, December 10, 2010

Royal Z


Today was a day to wake up and test my toughness against the cold. I woke up at 5:30 this morning to go and do some shooting. As soon as I got up I checked weather.com for Boston's temperature. It read 9 degrees ... feels like -2 degrees. Unfortunately this was Fahrenheit. So on went the long johns and 54 layers up top and off I went to shoot the Zakim Bridge. I really wanted to shoot from below it, which was my only option anyways because my helicopter is imaginary. Despite my fingers burning from future frostbite and my face numbing, it was cool being down there. Some of the water was frozen. And actually, driving from my place along the Charles River through Cambridge, I saw a lot more ice than I ever would've expected this early in the year. There was a thin sheet of ice over just about the whole river. After I was done shooting at Zakim, I headed over to the Naval Shipyard area in Charlestown. This was much windier and colder, so my time was going to be short. I did more walking around than anything, just observing, but managed to get a couple of shots, one of which is below. So all in all, cold morning, but, as always, worth waking up early to be outside with a camera. ... Enjoy! ....... click images to enlarge


Song of the day: "I Will Be The Sun" by Old Canes

No comments: